Friday, January 22, 2010

DSA Scrap Off: Weeks 2 & 3

Hmm, looks like I never posted my week 2 page, so here goes nothing. So far I am in a 5-way tie for 3rd place, but I'm not feeling terribly confident about this last page, so we'll just have to see how the scores pan out on Monday. Either way, it's been a lot of fun. I'd totally do it again :)

Twenty Ten



Credits:
Ramona Brown, BZB Designs, Correen Silke

Through His Eyes



Credits:
Litabells, PDPlum

Journaling reads:
A few years ago I was looking through
an old photo album with a friend.
As we flipped through pages of pictures
of me as a child she asked, “What, did someone
follow you around with a camera all your life?”
“Yeah, pretty much,” I responded. “My grandfather.”
As long as I can remember, he carried his
camera everywhere he went, snapping pictures
along the way. He took this picture of me
when I was 17, I am sitting on a swing that
he built for me in the backyard of my childhood home.
I never saw it or knew he kept it until we had to
settle his estate after he died. He left no will,
but I was given his camera as a keepsake.
When I look through the lens I feel like
I can see the world through his eyes
and it comforts me.

No comments:

Post a Comment